Wednesday 29 October 2014

Journey

"Thoughts are not reality" is my new mantra...I learnt that today. I am proud of learning that today. Thoughts are like scenarios that occur in your head and instead of acknowledging them and letting them have their place we (or I) have a tendency to feed them til they grow and grow and the emotions that they produce (often negative) take over the rest of your day, your week, month or even your life..this then impacts on your body and what happens then is we (I) have full catastrophic living.

We (I) (You will notice I keep doing this - I must learn to take ownership of my feelings and my actions) need to give ourselves permission to accept our thoughts, to welcome them in and acknowledge they exist and that they are there, feel the emotion they produce and then let them go merrily on their way..do not feed the thoughts for you will only intensify the emotion and you will only cause yourself more pain and anxiety. This is not about burying those thoughts and emotions - for then you will store them up and one day they will burst out of you and God only knows where you will end up"! It's about giving them a time, a place and an acknwledgement and then lettting them go - only then can you start to deal with reality - the here and now.

An awareness of my being, my breath and my body is what I am learning now. I am proud that I am learning this. I feel that I am learning slowly to be able to connect with what is happening around and within me and learning to deal with the hear and now - not the past, not what might happen but what is happening now. We only have this one breath in this one moment - not our last and not our next...it is this one and we mustnt lose focus on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment